Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....68th Annual Golden Globes: Halle Berry in Nina Ricci

1
The gorgeous Halle Berry in Nina Ricci (from Olivier Theyskens' last Fall 2009 Collection for the house). *Thank you to my informed commenter/reader for pointing it out--LOVE my readers!
Wish I could say the same for that gown. Two Words: Oh Dear. In a sea of Statement-Making Architecturally Draped Gowns and all-over beaded stunners, she shows up in this? A black chiffon and satin bustier dress that looks as if she's wearing her undergarments and hasn't actually gotten dressed yet. Is it 2003 or 2011? The under-dress cuts her off at the thigh and the chiffon over-drape skirt is just odd. And to top everything off, she makes a very safe and dated shoe choice. If she had gone with an edgier platform shoe, I might have thought she was making a statement. Definitely NOT one of my favorites of the night. And interestingly enough, why I do LOVE it on the model, on the runway, and with those STOMPING boots? But, wow, Halle is GA-GA-GORGEOUS!!?? Look at that body, that face!!! What did you guys think of her gown choice?

1 Response to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....68th Annual Golden Globes: Halle Berry in Nina Ricci"

Anonymous said...

You might want to fact check that. It's actually from Theysken's last collection for Nina Ricci.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2009RTW-NRICCI?page=2 It's the 26th look.

I'd have to say that I absolutely loved this dress. It's kind of refreshing from all of those beaded confection-y dresses. Even if it's not following the trends of the RC she owned it. For an actress on the comeback, especially with a career like hers this says a sultry, "Miss me?" instead of, "Hey! Hey! Look at me!!!! I'm here!!! Remember me?" kinda like Christina Aguilera.