Recent Trend

Femme Boys vs. The Rest of Us

3
FRONTIER'S MAGAZINE ARTICLE: Femme Boys Rule I am posting one of my recent "Frontier's Magazine" articles, in which I wrote about "Femme Boys". These are the guys who give you fashion androgyny in terms of their wardrobe, grooming and the accessories they wear. One of my best friends (as I wrote in the article) has been doing this for years, but recently I have been noticing this change in men's fashion, especially at FIDM, the design school I teach at. Before the young students felt compelled to fit a "certain mold" that the media keeps feeding these kids, yet luckily now there are some that beat to a different drum. I celebrate that! The final straw that catapulted this new style direction for menswear was the MTV Video Music Awards. It was refreshing to see all these new bands looking more femme than a drag queen at the West Hollywood Pride Parade. Hope you enjoy it and I will soon post more of these published articles.

3 Responses to "Femme Boys vs. The Rest of Us"

Amanda said...

Hi, just wanted to say, I read your article and found it to be both really interesting and well done. Fashion tends to reflect societal norms/changes, and I think we often forget that. Ok, I mean, a shirt's not going to solve world hunger but fashion's not just random fluff either. Anyway, I came across this article and thought you might find it interesting due to the article you just wrote (congrats by the way). By the way, between this blog, designing, writing PR Season 3 commentery, your other blog, teaching, and now this article when the hell do you sleep?

PS--Not to harp on the past but you totally should have been able to debut your line at Fashion Week on Project Runway. I don't think I've ever been so dissapointed by an "auffing" before or since.
http://nymag.com/fashion/lookbook/23771/index.html

buy Leather Bombers Jackets online said...

HI,I REALLY LIKE UR POST ,ITS ,really too GOOD

Women Leather Skirt said...

Hi, just wanted to say, I read your article and found it to be both really interesting and well done