Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Look and Feel Your Best Expo Bakersfield

1
Last weekend, I went to Bakersfield, California (about a 2 hour drive North of Los Angeles) to make an appearance at the "Look and Feel Your Best Expo". I was invited by Mimi Dorsey and her company, Unique Image to bring a little bit of "Project Runway" to that city, as well as consequently, speak about my experience as a Southern California fashion designer and how I ended up on that Bravo television show.

The Expo itself was a trade show, featuring beauty, spa, hair and even plastic surgery professionals, set up in booths showcasing what they have to offer the population of Bakersfield and its nearby areas.

It was a scorching hot afternoon but we were treated to an indoor air conditioned (Thank God) auditorium and I was "whisked" off to my own dressing room to get ready. They told me that Gwen Stefani had just been there, in the same amphitheater the weekend before! I felt like saying "Oh, I'm sorry that now you get me!" The security personnel as well as the entire staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. I even got my own three models , from a local agency, who wore three of my gowns to showcase a mini fashion show that followed my speaking appearance. The models were fabulous and very pretty.

One wore the black and white patterned gown that was seen on Bravo's "Work Out" and was the style that "Miss California" chose to wear (but we made it entirely in black silk satin) for last month's "Miss USA" contest. Another model wore the navy and creme flower printed silk gown that former "Miss Universe", Brook Lee wore to the "Miss Universe " pageant last year. And the last one, modeled an aubergine-colored jersey Grecian Goddess dress from my Fall Collection.

Afterwards, I came down and did a meet-and-greet and met all the fans that came out, shook their hands and took photos. I especially loved the kids from the fashion design and sewing class of a local high school, as well as the models from Taji, a local hair salon. David and I are very grateful to the Bakersfield fans who braved a hot Saturday afternoon to come out and see me--instead of spending the beautiful day at the Magic Mountain water park!!! ( I would have been there!)

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Look and Feel Your Best Expo Bakersfield"

Suzy said...

I wish I was asked to prom again this year (despite being a college freshman) just so I could go to Windsor and get some of your dresses, haha.

ok, that had nothing to do with this blog post but I just thought I'd mention it.