Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....GoWeHo.com Party and Trevor Project Presents "Reality Check"

2
Forgive me if I have not been posting lately but Uncle Nicky (that's me, yes, writing in third person!) has been busy traveling across the country (New York) to film some more of my MSN fun fashion segments and San Francisco where I made a "special appearance". But I really wanted to post all these photos from two recent events I attended.

First up was the GoWeho.com Launch Party at Eleven in West Hollywood. GoWeHo.com is this great website that will feature fashion , art and entertainment in West Hollywood and highlight special events , designers, stylist, artists, making a special mark in this great city. I was asked to host this event so of course, I brought Amanda Fields, model/muse/rent-a-date extraordinaire, who came over to my Atelier and I lent her one of my flirty silk dresses to wear for the event. I decided to feature my recently-purchased deep v-neck tee from one of my favorite stores in Soho, Lounge. But, I didn't realize how DEEP that V was until I saw these photos. Oh Dear! I am sorry if I offended anyone by my gratuitous display of non-cleavage!

Others in attendance were the sexy Wilson Cruz, April Clark from "Stomp The Yard", Bootz from "Flavor Of Love" and "Charm School", actress/comediane Judy Tenuta as well as actress Elaine Hendrix from "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" . Amanda is a "huge" fan of Elaine's so I had to get a photo of them together. I think that made Amanda's month!

Next up, it was Gay Pride Los Angeles. My friend Woody Woodbeck, whom I befriended as an associate producer last year when Bravo was filming some Project Runway segments for the Third Season, asked me to be a "special guest" at his first annual Trevor Project Presents "Reality Check" at MJ's in Silver Lake. Well, as quick as you could say "Gay Hipster", of course I joined in on the fun. As you can see, I decide to wear my white jacket--AGAIN--since, by the looks of it, I have NO OTHER JACKET in my closet to wear! But this time, I made sure to pair it with a more demure crew-neck style t-shirt.

It was a night of Reality Show "celeb's", and I use the term very loosely, including myself, thank you very much! Danny Bonaduce, all of a sudden rode up , all "butch", on his motorcycle, then the opposite of "butch"--Alex and Lynn, the two "Amazing Race" contestants, who have, in fact become acquaintances of mine, were also in attendance. I said "Hello" to Lisi, a contestant from this season's "Survivor: Fiji", in which my lovely sister, Rita, was also a contestant . Along with Andrae Gonzalo, I was supposed to do a Project Runway-inspired "Walk Off" with attendees. Instead , we decided to give away DVD's of our season, after they answered our impromptu Project Runway questions. Some of the questions we came up with were: "Where was judge Nina Garcia from?", "Who allegedly slept with Andrae?", and "What was the name of the place we lived in?". Colombia, Santino, and The Atlas, are the answers, in case you were wondering.

One of my favorite blog sites, Blogging Project Runway, sent one of their West Coast "reps" (don't it sound so official??") to the MJ's event in Silver Lake. Johnathan and his wife were the sweetest they could be, asking me questions and taking photos for the site. He is straight and married, which, of course, led to a fifteen minute soliloquy of teasing about how "all the gays would likely be pinching him!" Alas, Johnathan was disappointed: No one touched him, except me (I am South American /Greek, after all!) and his wife. The ubiquitous Amanda Fields was also there and we all had a "Reality Show" blast and made sure to check our no-excuse-to-be-a-Diva entitlement at the door, in lieu of having a great time---and I did!


2 Responses to "NICK APPEARANCES.....GoWeHo.com Party and Trevor Project Presents "Reality Check""

Anonymous said...

ahh amazing pictures. everyone looks great!

Anonymous said...

Nick baby!
Im not sure if this is actually you or some wannabe however, I was just at the FIDM three days of fashion and met you (i was the one who said youre still cute :) just wanted to drop by and say you were great! love youre personality and you were so generous. You signed my white jeans for my friend and when i told her you did that for her she cried. awwww. i know ha You are a big inspiration to me and i can't wait to get started in the fashion industry and get my ideas out there!
much love hun!