Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Lauren Conrad and Nick Verreos: Fashionable Holidays

3
"The Hills"---in West Hollywood...plus another Boutique Opening!Three's Company: Lauren Conrad, her high-school friend Jillian and Nick Verreos, at HERE Lounge The weekend in LA for some people means relaxing, nice brunches at Quality, House of Pies or the hipster hangout 101 Coffee Shop/Hollywood and, of course, some last minute Holiday Shopping---yeah, I did that. But it also meant "Oh Dear, more Holiday Parties!" Over this last weekend, I was invited by my dear friend, Woody Woodbeck, whom I originally met over a year ago filming a "Where Are They Now?" Project Runway segment. We immediately hit it off and since then have been friends. He had his first Annual "It's A Woody Christmas" event at the HERE Lounge in West Hollywood and of course I wanted to be there. As soon as I dropped my toy off in the "toy box" (it was done in association with Toys For Tots), I posed with a US Marine (in full uniform, who seemed very comfortable being amongst "The Gays") and made a beeline inside to the bar/club. The place was packed and I soon spotted my former student at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising/FIDM and now friend, the one and only Miss Lauren Conrad. I Love a Man In A Uniform: Nick Verreos poses, with his gift and a "Toys For Tots" Marine Lauren was in a roped-off "VIP booth" with one of her best friends from high school, Jillian. When I saw Lauren, of course, I turned into a 16 year old screaming girl and screamed "Heeeeyyyy". Lauren and Jillian were both sportin' Urban Outfitters (you know I asked what and who they were wearing and they said "Urban!"). I guess they had gone shopping earlier that day and were showing off their purchases. I would be too. On the other hand, I was wearing year-old Dolce and Gabbana (no shopping for me unfortunately). While we were hanging out, she received a phone call and it was Brody (Jenner). She had another party to be at and so we soon double-kissed and said "Goodbye"! Gordon Henderson Boutique Opening Shopping For a Suit: Marc Jacobs' John Wade and Nick Verreos meet up at the Gordon Henderson Store Opening On Sunday--after a day of shooting my entire NIKOLAKI Spring 2009 Collection for my upcoming new Website (and Look Book), I got a call from my friend John Wade, inviting me to be his "date" at the store opening of the new Gordon Henderson Boutique on Melrose. It took me about 2 minutes to figure it out but Gordon Henderson is---as Victoria Beckham would say---MAJAH! Not only did he apprentice with Calvin Klein, he also won the prestigious Perry Ellis Award back in 1990, and had his own exclusive line of practical, sporty separates through Saks Fifth Avenue. He was also one of People Magazine's Most Sexiest Men---in 1992!!! He is doing Menswear and has a fabulous new store to showcase it. The vibe of the store, and his line of Saville Row-looking hand-finished suits and shirts, were very "Out Of Africa"--like a stylish expat living in Nairobi. Nonchalant tailored chic. He also "collects" vintage menswear pieces from Brooks Brothers as well as other brands and revamps them. So great, I even bought a piece (I know, I cannot help myself at a store opening!). If I was a rich British soccer player with style, I would definitely hit up Gordon Henderson! Just sayin' David Beckham....

3 Responses to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Lauren Conrad and Nick Verreos: Fashionable Holidays"

maryclev said...

The weekend in LA for some people means relaxing, nice brunches at Quality, House of Pies or the hipster hangout 101 Coffee Shop/Hollywood

Eh, the 101 was wayyyy better in it's original incarnation. The FRIES were to die for! And it was THE place to see celebs of all grades: From Minnie Driver to Randolf Mantooth!

Now the real question I have: Nick, when are you getting on Twitter?

Unknown said...

Pictures of Lauren Conrad (THE HILLS) with Lauren Slater (KOOZA ICON) promoting the upcoming Cirque du Soleil show in Santa Monica.

ashleyriley said...

It's really a wonderful occasion for all when we meet our friends after a long time.Lauren Slater (KOOZA ICON) promoting the upcoming Cirque du Soleil show "Kooza" at the Santa Monica Pier in October.