Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....OUT Magazine INC Men's Fall Fashion Show: RECAP

1
Layering, Military and Biker-Chic Bad Boys: Yep, it's Nick and Macy's! Who's NOT The Model: Nick Verreos hosts Macy's OUT Magazine INC Fall Fashion event, Macy's Beverly Center Last Thursday--yes, the night of my "Guest Judging" Project Runway appearance--I was invited to host the Macy's OUT Magazine INC Fall Fashion Event at the Macy's Men's Store at the Beverly Center. Cocktails Anyone? 360 Vodka at Macy's OUT Magazine Event Over 100 guests showed up to enjoy mixed cocktails (yummy I heard!) by 360 Vodka, delicious hors d'oeuvres (yes, the world is OVER as we know it: Some gays do eat!), and a fashion show presenting the newest Fall 2009 Collection from INC/International Concepts. The event was also to benefit one of my most beloved non-profit organizations, the Trevor Project, the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth. Designer Love: Nick Verreos and Single Designer (and contestant on the upcoming "Launch My Line") Galina Sobolev, Macy's OUT Magazine/INC Event After guests settled in, I introduced the HOT male models decked out in all the three "Themes": Layering and Plaid, Military, and Biker Bad Boy. I had cards to describe the outfits but I quickly went into "Instructor Nick/Red Carpet Mode" , threw them away, and just described in great detail what I saw. The models were great sports when at times, I was getting a bit "saucy" with my descriptions. NOH8 Couture: Nick Verreos and the No H8 Campaign Creators, Adam Bouska and Jeff Parshley The INC Menswear Collection for Fall 2009 is on trend, with lots of those plaid woven shirts EVERY guy should own RIGHT NOW, as well as of-the-moment Military-inspired Pea Coats and a wide range of jeans to suit every type of guy--from Straight Leg to Boot Cut; from dark to whiskered wash. And may I add, all at great prices! Three' Company: Guests at the Macy's OUT Magazine INC Fall Fashion Event In fact, my entire ensemble was from INC--I got a great Pea Coat with epaulets, a really cool white dress shirt with silver grommet-like accents and a black vest (you know I love me some vests kiddies!) which I will wear for my Lifetime Networks Project Runway Video Blog. After the show, I was excited to mingle with all the guests, which included my old friend, the always stunning Galina Sobolev, designer of Single and contestant of the upcoming fashion reality show, Launch My Line. Tie Happy: Designer Hugh Simms and Nick Verreos Also there to support me--and the event of course-- were the boys from the great NOH8 Campaign, photographer Adam Bouska and his partner Jeff Parshley, designer Hugh Simms (love his ties, wear them ALL THE TIME!), and many of my students from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising/FIDM. Instructor Nick: Nick Verreos poses with FIDM students at Macy's OUT Magazine/INC Fall Fashion Event I had so much fun hosting this event and was glad that (at least from what I heard) everyone had a GREAT time! I also heard from several guests--with shopping bags in their hands--that my helpful fashion show descriptions actually assisted them in making some great INC purchases that night (I'm sure the cocktails helped too!).

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....OUT Magazine INC Men's Fall Fashion Show: RECAP"

Sheena said...

I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts. I am thankful for such a great post with many new things to learn Thanks, you cleared up some things for me.

India mens magazine