Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....2010 Oscars Red Carpet Predictions and Suggestions: Part 2

1
After my 1st post giving Predictions and Suggestions of what some of the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actresses should wear to the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, I couldn't resist but finish out both groups and give my Nick "two cents" about what I think these beautiful and talented ladies should be wearing for their big night. Mo'nique: Mo'nique loves a White, Nude or Creme colored Strapless Gown. She has worn a version of this color and style time and time again. And why not?, it looks great on her. This definitely falls under the category of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". And since she is basically assured to win the Best Supporting Actress statute, she definitely needs to make sure she is wearing a dress she will be happy to see in photos for years to come. My suggestion is to stick with what works, but take it up a notch! This Zuhair Murad Haute Couture Gown from his Officer's Muse Spring Summer 2010 Collection would be perfect for her. It offers all the things Mo'nique loves in a gown but certainly says "I'm a Oscar Winner!" Anna Kendrick: Is it just me or does Anna Kendrick seem to get "lost in the mix"? Between Carey Mulligan and Vera Farmiga, sometimes I find myself saying "now which one is Anna Kendrick?" In order to put a stop to this on the Red Carpet, Kendrick needs to set herself apart from the other ladies. My suggestion is that she goes Old Hollywood Glamour. This Gown from Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2010 Collection would give her a sexy Rita Hayworth vibe. With it's black beaded overlay and nude lining with that extra high slit, this dress will be sure to make Anna a Sultry Siren at the Awards. Meryl Streep: Meryl Streep is the Queen of Hollywood. She has received 16 Academy Award nominations, winning two, and 25 Golden Globe nominations, winning seven, more nominations than any other actor in the history of either award! DIVA! I would love for her to embrace this title and really "Bring It" to the Oscars. Letting everybody know "I have arrived, Bow to me!" In this wasp-waist Christian Dior Gown from John Galliano's Spring 2010 Haute Couture Collection, there would be no denying that Streep is the Actress to be revered by all the rest. Penelope Cruz: After winning the Best Supporting Actress Award last year, Cruz is again nominated this year for her role in "Nine". Last year she wore a Vintage Balmain Gown from 1950 and it was the perfect choice for her. She looked classic and timeless. This year I would suggest a gown from the Versace Atelier Collection. Almost every gown from this collection has made it's way to the Red Carpet, but this dress has yet to be worn. I think it would be the perfect choice for Penelope because it evokes the feeling of last year's dress while adding a bit of sexiness and a splash of color. Gabourey Sidibe: And finally, for Gabourey Sidibe I have chosen a gown from my NIKOLAKI collection. I love that Gabby embraces her size and I have noticed that she has worn several draped jersey dresses and has looked fantastic in them. I think she should take a page from Mo'nique's book and wear a lighter color to really set off her beautiful skin color. She would look fantastic in this Lemon Yellow Silk Jersey Draped Grecian Goddess Gown. Whether she takes home the statute or not, Gabby would surely be a fashion winner!

1 Response to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....2010 Oscars Red Carpet Predictions and Suggestions: Part 2"

Ian L said...

Guess who ended up wearing that pre-fall Michael Kors? Tina Fey!