Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....53rd Annual Grammy Awards: Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

3
Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring 2011, 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Red Carpet
Well Jean Paul Gaultier's PR team was working OVERTIME! They nabbed not just one big star on the 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet (Nicole Kidman, see posting below)--but TWO--with Rihanna! Both gowns from the same Haute Couture Spring 2011 "Punk Can Can" Collection. Rihanna just loves the whole intermittent transparency thing on dresses. And this gown has it. Placed between the transparent panels are also gradating layers of tulle gathered ruffles. It's a bit of a mess for me. I'm just not sure if it works. It just looks like someone might have taken the Christmas Tree garlands and used them to make a dress. But...her hair and make up look GORGEOUS!!! Just like Nicole, she was wise to go a softer more delicately pretty route. Is it a 'Yea" or Nay" on Rihanna's Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring 2011 Gown? I would love to know what you guys think? Be sure to let me know!

3 Responses to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....53rd Annual Grammy Awards: Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier Couture "

TheStyleguyde said...

I don't hate it but I don't love it her make up as you pointed out, flawless!

Tbone said...

This one is tough, I feel like I should hate it but the more I look at I think it works!

Lori Ann Robinson said...

There were worse. It is the Grammys and risk time