Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....Met Gala 2011 Red Carpet: The Models!

1
Posin' Pros... Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Burberry: Victoria's Secret Supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (how much do we just LOVE that "Upper Class"-sounding name of hers?? I have a feeling she didn't grown up in the "Projects" my dear!). She looks radiant, even if a bit wrinkled in this Burberry gown. PS: This is Burberry? Didn't know they were into silk charmeuse! And PPS: That IS a SLIT kids! Red Bombshell: Brazilian Supermodel Gisele Bundchen in Alexander McQueen. OK, B**ches: SIT DOWN, the Queen has arrived! If I was a girl standing within ten feet of her, I would have run for cover. Trust me ladies, you would not want to be competing with this. How do you say "fabulous" in Portuguese? Crystal Renn in Zac Posen: Pardon me for asking but, SHE'S supposed to be FULL FIGURED???? She looks like a Runway Size 2 to me. What happened to all the "I want to be the Poster Child for 'Real Women with Curves' stuff"? You can read more about the controversy HERE. Oh well, she still looks SAVAGE in this black silk taffeta Zac Posen . Loving that hair too! One word: WORK!!!! Valentino with model Natalia Vodianova in Valentino: Pretty and Regal. Her hair and make-up (especially the EYES!) are on-point. Love the red clutch. Yes, Valentino is a bit orange, but hey it is VALENTINO! He gets a pass. Miranda Kerr in Marchesa: Who got in a fight at a Mexican Girl's Quinceañera? Miranda Kerr did. I know that I have said this before "Models can get away with wearing (Almost) anything!!!" Well: Exhibit A of "Almost" above. Karolina Kurkova in Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring 2011. Question: Is she wearing Guipure Lace Pants? Answer: Yes. Here's the gown--and matching pants from Gaultier's Spring 2011 "Can Can Couture" Collection (above). It kinda works on me! Let's just be happy she didn't add that feathered headdress (or maybe she should have!). Elettra Wiedemann in Prabal Gurung. Elettra--in case you didn't know--is Isabella Rossellini's daughter, she's a model, darlings. And wow, is she gorgeous! Not so much for the dress. It's a RUCHED mess if you ask me. I love me some Prabal Gurung; he's one of the most talented US Designers and in Miss Anna Wintour's "Little Black Book" of Faves. But this was a bit of a miss. Joan Smalls in Tom Ford. Three words: At A Girl. And two more: Slinky and smoldering. Jessica Stam in Tommy Hilfiger: Next. She's going to the Met Gala not a High School Dance in 1953. I hope she didn't actually pay someone to do her hair that night...Just sayin'. Hillary Rhoda in Alexander McQueen: Edwardian Dandy Meets Equestrian Diva. I bet she probably could ride a horse in that! Or go Fox Hunting! Coco Rocha in Alexander McQueen: This has the right amount of "Valley of The Dolls" element (the chiffon gown, the updo hairstyle) which makes me want to be pool side in some fab home in Bel Air in 1967 drinking Martinis and popping pills! Love it. Chanel Iman in Dolce & Gabbana: Can you say Michelle Obama, size 00?? Prim, proper, almost "Diplomatic". The perfect white lace sheath dress. Chanel looks radiant. And Last But (Certainly) NOT Least...Miss Naomi Campbell: In Alexander McQueen. I'm sure up close this gown is a Piece of Work and incredible in fact. And I'm sure on the runway, those layers and layers of sliced chiffon did their magic. But on Naomi, she just looked like a Grecian Goddess Statue...who got stuck in a tornado, unfortunately. On a Positive Note: The hair reminds me of my Mom, Raquel in Caracas Venezuela circa 1975 at the "County Club".

1 Response to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....Met Gala 2011 Red Carpet: The Models!"

samantha said...

This is really incredible and the costume are really very nice.I like it very much.