Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Premios Juventud 2011: Nick Verreos & Chica Orbit SHINE in Miami!

1
Boca Sucia...Sensacion Limpia No Matter What...Especially in Miami:
Nick Verreos, Premios Juventud 2011 Miami
Last week I had the pleasure of flying to Miami for Univision Network's "Premios Juventud 2011" (Spanish-Speaking "Teen Choice Awards"). I have gone consecutively for the past several years, as the "Style Guy" for Chica Orbit (the Latina Orbit Gum Girl) and even designed several Custom "Nick Verreos for Chica Orbit" designs for her for the red carpet so I was ready to return to Miami! The last time I saw Chica Orbit was at the People En Español "50 Más Bellos" (50 Most Beautiful) Party in NYC back in May, so I was excited to reunite with the gorgeous Chica at "Premios Juventud 2011"!!
Miami Beach, view from the Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel
I arrived in HOT & HUMID Miami (about 90 Degrees Fahrenheit-but with the humidity it felt like 110!) and checked in to the FAB Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel on Collins Avenue in the heart of South Beach. I just LOVE that hotel: Perfect location, great rooms, beach and stupendous pools! (photo above) The lobby also has an immense fish and shark tank that well, you gotta see to believe (photo above)! And of course, there's the chi-chi $100-for-a-skirt-steak STK Restaurant (I never went...not in my budget kids! Instead I dined at a Venezuelan-Argentinian Cafe called "Cafe Charlotte" on Washington Avenue and had an $8.95 Venezuelan Pabellon Thank You VERY MUCH--and it was GOOOOOOD!!!!!!)
Blue Carpet Boy: Nick Verreos, Premios Juventud 2011
But enough about the Perfect weather, perfect beach, oh-so-nice Gansevoort Hotel pool and delicious (and cheap) dining. I was there to attend "Premios Juventud 2011" with my date, the beautiful and ever-so-chic Chica Orbit. The televised awards show were this past Thursday evening at the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami in Coral Gables Florida (about half an hour from Miami depending on traffic).
Best Dressed Couple: Chica Orbit and Nick Verreos, Premios Juventud 2011
Chica Orbit wore a white cotton pique shift dress with short sleeves featuring "Orbit Logo" buttons. I wore my Reiss silver suit, TopMan turquoise blue tie, Brooks Brothers pocket scarf (all bought! Not borrowed , Thank You!) and the Swarovski crystal "Orbit Pin" I made.
Chica Orbit, "Premios Juventud 2011" blue carpet
We arrived right in the "thick of it"--when all the Top Latin American Stars--from TV and Music--were arriving. It was INSANE!! Somehow, we made it through the madness and filmed a fun "vignette" with Univision's "Fashionista", Rodner Figueroa. It aired about 40 minutes into the "Pre-Show" Program LIVE on Univision Network and it was a BLAST to shoot!!!! I got some "Screen Shots" from my TV in case you missed it:
Nick Verreos and Rodner Figueroa, Chica Orbit Premios Juventud 2011 "Blue Carpet" Vignette
Nick Verreos, Chica Orbit, Rodner Figueroa, Chica Orbit Premios Juventud 2011 "Blue Carpet" Vignette
Nick TING: This is the part in the vignette where they put the Orbit Gum "ting" in my teeth---sorry it didn't come through in the photo, but you get the gist :)
After we did the blue carpet, we headed to our Box Suite Section (I know, very chic-chi!), to watch the show (look at the audience above!) and enjoy hors d'oeuvres of shrimp cocktail, sushi, beef skewers, crab cakes and cheese.
The "Premios Juventud 2011" Box/Suite Buffet Sampler
I also took some photos with some fans of Project Runway, Orbit Gum (and me!!!), who happened to also be at one of the nearby box/suites: Look at their faces--LOVE THEM!!!!! I had such a fun time with Chica Orbit and doing the "blue carpet" Orbit Gum/Chica Orbit vignette with "my boy", Univision's Rodner Figueroa. All in all, I say it was a very successful Miami trip. Cannot wait to do it again!!!! Click Below for a short video I shot of the "Premios Juventud 2011" blue carpet and Chica Orbit:

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Premios Juventud 2011: Nick Verreos & Chica Orbit SHINE in Miami!"

TheStyleguyde said...

love the combo of the baby blue tie and pink shirt, you've inspired me.