Recent Trend

ICE STYLE.....ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2016: PAIRS and ICE DANCE!

1
Pairs Fab: Costume Highlights from the 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, Boston Massachusetts

In my last post HERE, I discussed my Figure Skating Costumes Highlights (and some not-so-cute!) of the LADIES and MEN from last week's 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, which were held at the TD Garden in Boston Massachusetts...

Well, now it is time for my Costume Recap of the PAIRS and ICE DANCE!!!
Let's begin with the...

Pairs-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada: For their Short Program to Your Song by Elton John, performed by Ewan McGregor, I liked these costumes. Meagan shined with her silver sequined and red costume! It was breathtaking in terms of it's fab crystal work. Eric went for a red dress shirt with matching t-shirt underneath and black pants. I wish his look had more crystals than those buttons but oh well, I was OK with it! 

Free Skate to Hometown Glory by Adele: LOVE, Love, Love these costumes on Duhamel and Radford. The bold royal blue color, her halter jeweled sequin neckline, the gathered drape in her halter neckline...it's all sleek, chic and super! Oh, and how much do we LOVE Meagan's cheek-to-cheek smile in that photo above! Hashtag At-a-Girl #AtAGirl #GoCanada

Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia Short Program to Nagada Sang Dhol (Bollywood Selection) by Siddharth-Garima: I am a big fan of the costumes worn by Russia's Pairs Diva and Divo Volosozhar and Trankov for their "Bollywood"-inspired Short Program. Both their looks and designs are pretty much flawless. 

Free Skate to Bram Stoker's Dracula (soundtrack): For their Free Skate to "Dracula", they wore these semi-Period-like costumes in red and black. I like his faux leather pants and red velvet vest with gold trim. Her dress was elegant and a bit subdued. I appreciated the gold trim simulating a corset but maybe there should have been a sweetheart neckline somewhere in there.

Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot of Germany Free Skate to Sometimes by Wax Tailor: I have a theory. I think Aliona and Bruno are well...an item. It sure looks like it when they skate. Well, now that we have that out of the way, let's discuss their costumes. We know Aliona never met a Jumpsuit she did not like. Her "Pink Panther" look is iconic. This red'ish ombre look featured a heart-shaped back and sequins. His look of a mock-neck ombre top and black pants perfectly complimented hers. Overall, a very striking couple.

Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise of Italy Short Program to Magnificat by Mina: Elegant and beautiful; two words to describe these costumes worn by the Italian Pairs couple of Della Monica and Guarise. I loved her gold applique, nude illusion and white costume but I also liked his semi-matching very sexy top. 


Free Skate to Cosmic Journey ("Romeo and Juliet" by Abel Korzeniowski): These costumes were basically a different color-way of what they wore for their Short program with a slight design variation. I still liked them!

Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres of France: The photos above feature their costumes for their Short Program of I Put A Spell On You by Joss Stone (top photo) and Free Skate to Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, and Oh Verona (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong. There were elements of both which I liked. I did love the wrapped belts of the Free Skate costumes but I have to admit that I LOVE Vanessa's 80's shoulder padded black and silver sequined jumpsuit costume for her Short Program.

Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia: Russia's Stolbova and Klimov wore these costumes above for their Short program to I Put a Spell on You performed by Annie Lennox and Free Skate to Man and Shadow (The Unknown Known soundtrack) by Danny Elfman. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the latter--from the Free Skate. And especially hers; the gray/blue gathered chiffon and strap cross-tied detail was chic and very Modern Dance fab!


Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov of Russia Free Skate to Nocturne, Prelude, and Revolutionary Etude by Frederic Chopin: I had to finish my Pairs Costumes Recap with these very nice costumes by the Russian Pairs of Tarasova and Morozov. I thought her costume was exquisite and very well done and I loved his tuxedo look and especially the music symbol detail brooch. 

Ice Dance-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Canada Short Dance to Waltz: The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss; Polka: Annenpolka by Johann Strauss; Waltz: The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss: I think these are probably one of my Top Favorite Ice Dance costumes of this 2015-2016 Season. I think Kaitlyn's blush and pearl sequined look is Couture Fab and Andrew looks like a Disney prince...and in a good way! Both of their costumes are elegant, haute and so gorgeous.

Free Dance to On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter, This Bitter Earth by Dinah Washington, Run by Ludovico Einaudi: These costumes are not as great as their Short Program looks (in my eyes) but I do appreciate the ombre lilac shading and draped stylings. I have to say that in these costumes, my top pick was his and the draped top he wears. 


Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron of France Free Skate to Rain In Your Black Eyes by Ezio Bosso Build a Home by Cinematic Orchestra: I LOVE these costumes and this Ice Dance couple. The navy blue, red and black costumes are elegant, super-chic and Paris Fashion Week Runway Fab in terms of their design. Oh and did I mention how AMAZING they are in terms of their Ice Dance skate and presentation. J'Adore! 

Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue of the US Free Dance to Adagio for Strings by Daft Punk: USA's Hubbell and Donohue wore these costumes for their Free Skate to "Adagio for Strings" by Daft Punk. This was a change of costume in terms of what they had worn before. I have to admit that I loved the previous costumes more, but she still looked gorgeous and overall I love the presentation of this team.

Costume Better--Hubbell and Donohue of Canada

Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani of the USA: The Shibutani brother and sister Ice Dance team wore these costumes above for their Short Dance to Waltz: Coppelia, March: Coppelia, Waltz: Coppelia--all by Leo Delibes (top photo) and Free Dance to Fix You by Coldplay (lower photo). If I had to pick a favorite, I would say the latter. Only for its simplistic modern costume approach and design; there wasn't much there in term of creativity but it was right for the program.


Madison Chock and Evan Bates of the USA: Chock and Bates skated their Short Dance to Foxtrot: More by Andrea Bocelli; Waltz: Unchained Melody by Il Divo and Free Skate to Concerto No. 2 Adagio and Concerto No. 2 Allegro by Sergei Rachmaninov. I loved the second Free Dance costumes better than the Short Dance looks. I liked her "one shoulder" design and I especially loved his gathered/draped top; it was GORGEOUS!


Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin of Russia Free Dance to Rachmaninov's Revenge by Freddie Mercury, Montserrat Caballe: I loved these costumes worn by Russia's Stepanova and Bukin. They were modern, sleek and so sexy.

Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte of Italy: Cappellini and Lanotte of Italy skated in these costumes for their Short Dance to Waltz: The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar Polka: The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar and Free Dance to La Dolce Vita: Amarcord, Le Notti di Cabiria and Oto e Mezzo by Nino Rota. Both looks were quite exquisite. But I especially liked their Free Dance costumes and particularly her black sequined dress.


Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier of Canada: Canadian Ice Dance couple Gilles and Poirier are one of my favorite Ice Dance teams in terms of costumes. They did not disappoint this season and at the 2016 Worlds. This above is what they wore for their Short Dance (top photo) to Waltz: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; March: Norwegian Wood by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; Waltz: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Free Dance to She Said by Jorane Neverland by Takenobu. I loved both of these looks. Their Short Dance was very Beatles "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" costume fab and the Free Dance costumes were verging on late 80's/early 90's Versace HOT HOT HOT!

Thanks for reading my ICE STYLE Figure Skating 2016 Worlds RECAP! Hope you enjoyed it! XOXO

1 Response to "ICE STYLE.....ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2016: PAIRS and ICE DANCE!"

Rose said...

Aliona and Bruno are not an item - they're both engaged, and not to each other :)

I believe that Papadakis and Cizeron's costumes are designed by Cizeron himself. He's so talented, on and off the ice.