Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....2017 Primetime Emmy Awards: Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin

1
 Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018

HBO's Westworld star Tessa Thompson wore this colorful gown from Brooklyn-born NYC-based designer Rosie Assoulin and her Resort 2018 collection. The halter-style fan-pleated dress was definitely something "different" and "unexpected" for a big awards show red carpet, especially one such as the 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards. This style I would expect more at Cannes, for example but definitely NOT the Emmys. For that, I applaud her! I love when actresses take chances and especially good ones. I am sure there may be some "fashion naysayers" out there---I can hear them right now saying "Oh my God Nick, this dress looks like she's in the cast of 'Joseph and  the Technicolor Dreamcoat"! ...

 Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018

Well kids, I liked it! I though she looked modern, very "fashion forward" and it didn't bore me to tears (like many recent red carpet awards show gowns I have seen!).

 Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018

 Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018

Loved all those pieces on the top...as well as her slicked back hairstyle.

Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018

So...tell me what you guys thought? Was Tessa a Fashion Red Carpet YES? Or...a Cast member from "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat"? let me know!

1 Response to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....2017 Primetime Emmy Awards: Tessa Thompson in Rosie Assoulin "

A1stDawn said...

I LOVE IT!!! The colors are dramatic and wonderful! The only thing I would have changed would be the lip color..needs more red or rose. That would have been perfect. But I love it!