Recent Trend

Nick on Work Out and in Star Magazine

2

If I can't dress Angelina Jolie... I'll dress her look-a-like trainer's client!

Several months back , I was thrilled when I got a phone call from a good friend of mine,Meaghan Murphy, who besides being a writer for "Star Magazine", also helped me out over a year ago in designing my nikolakidesign.com website (along with my good friend Mike Lucas who also helped with the graphics for the Top Chef Apron). We arranged a "trade" of sorts: I would design a gown for her, in return for her help on the site.

Over a year passed and our hectic schedules never meshed. Until now. She told me that she was going to be on the Bravo hit show, "Work Out" , where she would be trained by Erika, the sexy Angelina Jolie-look-a-like trainer from Jackie Warner's "Sky Lab" gym.

Erika was going to whip her into shape and give her the body worthy of a Nick Verreos gown, or so she felt. The "Work Out" cameras caught everything, from the consultation to the final fitting. Our first meeting debuted in this week's episode (see Clip above).

You can also read an article about Meaghan's journey to a new and improved body (with a photo of her in the final gown) in this week's (April 30th edition) "Star Magazine. Look out for a more in-depth posting on Bravotv.com about my experience designing for Meaghan and my "brief" apperance on the show.

2 Responses to "Nick on Work Out and in Star Magazine"

HeatherLee said...

Loved seeing you on W.O. last night. You seem to have such a great connection with your clients. I cannot wait for the day when I can wear Nick Verreos original (although I can't see myself fitting into a SMALL size 4!!!). Guess you'll have to do a tailored outfit just for me! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw "Work Out." It was so nice seeing you again on TV. I love you and your designs. I wish that you were design men's clothes, but I love your work. I wish you much success.