Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Christiane King's Fashion & Cocktail Party at Villa Blanca

1
Season 7 Project Runway Designer Feted in Beverly Hills... Cocktail Dresses...Anyone? Nick Verreos and designer Christiane King flanked by her models, Villa Blanca Beverly Hills As most of you may know, Thursday night was the premiere of Season 7 of Project Runway, or as some have dubbed it, the "It's BAAAACK in New York" season! At the same time, I received an invitation to a fashion show/cocktail reception for designer Christiane King at the paparazzi-central Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills. Christiane happens to be one of the contestants of this new season of Project Runway. I also was a judge--along with Tim Gunn and Marie Claire's Zoe Glasner-- in the Los Angeles Castings where we "put her through to the next round". So of course, I wanted to attend. Watching the first episode of the new season would have to be put "on hold", or at least, until I returned home after the party.Dress Tableaux: Christiane King designs, Villa Blanca Beverly Hills The reception was in full swing as I arrived with guest enjoying Champagne, wine and mini-pizza hors d'oeuvres. I spotted Lorenzo Llamas and a bevy of beauties (naturally) sitting inside at a booth. As I walked in, I spotted three lovely models doing a mini-trunk show at the front of the nightclub. They were all wearing creations from Christiane King's Spring/Summer 2010 Collection. The first was a baby-blue strapless cocktail dress with silver "ribbons"; the second was an ivory organza mini-"pouf" dress; and finally a long grape-colored georgette gown with beaded waist detail. You Better Work: Models posing for "Uncle Nicky": Christiane King designs, Spring/Summer 2010 Nearby was the designer herself, Christiane, wearing a gorgeous red gazar petal-pleated concoction (my favorite of the bunch!). I said "hello" (she was so sweet!) and we dished (just a little bit) about Project Runway as I naturally gave her some "Uncle Nick" advice. Afterward, I raced home to watch the premiere of Season 7 and wouldn't you just know it, Christiane was the first designer eliminated from the season! From what I saw at the cocktail reception/mini-trunk show, I'm sure she'll be just fine.

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Christiane King's Fashion & Cocktail Party at Villa Blanca"

Anna said...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, Uncle Nick, explain what you're wearing there. :O

For moving your herd of alpacas to fresh grazing grounds, it looks comfortable and warm.

For a fashion and cocktail party... eh.