Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....Miss Universe Stefania Fernandez wears Nick Verreos NIKOLAKI

4
La Mas Bella Miss Universe!Stefania Fernandez Miss Universe 2009 in Nick Verreos for Orbit gown, People En Espanol Magazine 50 Mas Bellos (50 Most Beautiful) Event Tonight, while I was hosting my Macy's "Sex And The City 2" event at the Macy's Union Square in San Francisco, another fabulous event was happening on the other side of the country: The People En Español Magazine's "50 Mas Bellos" (50 Most Beautiful People) Gala in New York City! Two weeks ago, I was commissioned by ORBIT GUM to design and create a red carpet gown--inspired by one of the chic new ORBIT GUM Wrappers--for the MOST GORGEOUS: Stefania Fernadez, Miss Universe 2009, from the country I was raised in: Venezuela! And so yes, tonight, Stefania stepped onto the "Mas Bellos" red carpet wearing my "Nick Verreos for Orbit" gown--a chiffon gown featuring a one-shouldered batwing sleeve, gathered and draped front with high side-slit and "mini" train. I sent Stefania several sketches of my designs for her to chose from and she decided on this very "Elizabeth Taylor-Meets-JLo in Capri" style which was actually one of my favorites that I sketched out (OK, it WAS my favorite!). Alongside my NIKOLAKI design partner David Paul, we collaborated in creating the design, and we also enlisted the aid of one of the BEST Fabric Printing Companies in Los Angeles (they also have offices in NY), First2Print, who were able to print the custom Orbit design.... onto 20 yards of chiffon in two days! (UNBELIEVABLE!). First2Print were AMAZING!!! The results were FANTASTIC, if I don't say so myself (I just did!). I am so honored to have been asked to collaborate with Orbit Gum, once again, to create a red-carpet worthy gown and this time for my compatriota, the MOST BEAUTIFUL Stefania Fernadez, Miss Universe 2009. Stay tuned for an upcoming posting, I will show you some "behind-the-scenes" of the process of creating this custom gown! For now , hope you enjoy these photos:

4 Responses to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....Miss Universe Stefania Fernandez wears Nick Verreos NIKOLAKI"

Johnny said...

I love it.
It has the feel of a classic NIKOLAKI gown.

C.J. said...

I saw the pictures a couple of days ago and said: "Stefania couldn't look more beautiful with that gown": The color, the fabric and the design left me "in awe". Thanks for letting me know it was a Nikolaki! A gorgeous work of art from this venezuelan creative mind for another gorgeous venezuelan woman, right my dear Rita?
Congratulations, Nicky!!!
C.J.

Ca Mari™ said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress! Its very elegant and beautiful and I love the pattern and color. You chose the right person to wear it! Congrats Nick!

Unknown said...

Que linda se ve!