Recent Trend

FIDM.....FIDM 3 Days of Fashion: FIDM Orange County and Los Angeles: RECAP

1
High School Fashionistas: Bring It!!!OC Style: Nick Verreos and the audience at FIDM Orange County Campus' 3 Days of Fashion This week was the beginning of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising/FIDM 3 Days of Fashion. It's when high school (and above) students from all over the country come to see what FIDM is all about and check it out as a possible school to attend for those interested in the Fashion Industry. As many of you may know, FIDM is where I attended and got my Fashion Design Degree from, and it is also where I am an Instructor (and it's where Project Runway Season 6 was filmed!!!). I always love being invited to the 3 Days of Fashion and making special appearances at all the campuses. First Up: FIDM Orange County: Nick Verreos and Amanda Fields pose with 3 Days of Fashion OC attendee For 2010, I decided to bring my Nikolaki gowns and "star" models such as the fabulous Amanda Fields, who, besides being a muse and "House Model" of mine, she was also on Project Runway Season 3. We had a fantastic time in the OC (as I always do!). I even brought my "son", Benny. Yes, Benny made a "special appearance" and even did a quick catwalk down the FIDM OC 3 Days of Fashion Runway! FIDM Los Angeles: Work The Crowd: Nick Verreos and 400+ attendees, FIDM Los Angeles 3 Days of Fashion Over 400 High School students (and their parents) came to the final day of FIDM Los Angeles' 3 Days of Fashion, and I was the "Grand Finale"(yeaaayyyy!!!). Again, I brought model Amanda Fields and some of my Nikolaki gowns for everyone to see and enjoy. Flamenco Queen: Model Amanda Fields in Nikolaki black silk taffeta tiered-ruffle and sequined feathered gown Miss Amanda WORKED the runway--and crowd--wearing a black silk taffeta "Flamenco" styled tulip-shaped gown. She looked UNBELIEVABLE in it and you could tell from the "ooohs" and "aaahs" from the audience. Print Goddess: Model Amanda Fields in Nikolaki silk chiffon gown I also brought one of my favorite gowns, a "Hibiscus"-print silk chiffon high-neck gown which has over 30 yards of fabric. Again, the crowd went "wild" when she sauntered onto the FIDM LA 3 Days of Fashion stage/runway and showed all the kids what a model in COUTURE should look like! Say FASHION: Nick Verreos and Amanda Fields pose with FIDM LA 3 Days of Fashion attendees After my speaking appearance and mini-Nikolaki Fashion Show, both Amanda and I spent over an hour taking photos and signing autographs (as we did in the OC!) with all the attendees. I hope everyone had a blast, enjoyed my talk (sorry I went overtime!) and best of all, were inspired. Click BELOW for Video of both the OC and Los Angeles 2010 FIDM 3 Days of Fashion:

1 Response to "FIDM.....FIDM 3 Days of Fashion: FIDM Orange County and Los Angeles: RECAP"

Haylee said...

I am in love with that plum, asymmetrical dress. It is gorgeous! If only I could have a mini me of you that lived in my closet and designed amazing dresses like this everyday. ;)
I am going to the FIDM 3 Days of Fashion in San Diego on Monday, please tell me you're going to that one as well!