Recent Trend

WHO WORE WHAT?.....89th Annual Academy Awards: Janelle Monae in Elie Saab Haute Couture

1
 Janelle Monae in Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring 2016

Actress and singer Janelle Monae chose this Elie Saab Haute Couture Gown to wear to the 89th Annual Academy Awards. Janelle is always a fashion risk-taker, and this certainly is quite a statement!  I was hoping someone would make a BIG fashion splash on the Red Carpet tonight, but I'm not sure this is exactly what I had in mind. While it is undeniably a exquisitely made gown and I understand how Janelle and her stylist felt that it fit within her aesthetic, I think that this is just too much dress for her.  

It seems as if they added extra tulle to the overskirt to make it even more....grand.  While I definitely like it better than her choice for the Golden Globe Awards, this was not my favorite look of the night.

I will say that she is certainly "feelin' herself" and you can't fault her for that! LOL!

1 Response to "WHO WORE WHAT?.....89th Annual Academy Awards: Janelle Monae in Elie Saab Haute Couture"

AMRSchar said...

She looks amazing! She is definitely wearing the dress as opposed to it wearing her. It's a win.