Friday, July 11, 2014
It's FRIDAY!!!...and that means a list of my 5 Favorite things that happened during this past week. Beginning with.....
1. Haute Couture Fashion Week: The creme de la creme of ALL Fashion Weeks happened this last week in Paris and choosing my favorite looks is a definite "Sophie's Choice" moment for me, but a few highlights were:
Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 2014: Belgium designer and Creative Director for Dior started his latest Christian Dior Haute Fall 2014 collection with some GA-GA-GORGEOUS gowns, all featuring a "Marie Antoinette"-edge to them with drop very fitted waists and full-poufed ball-skirts. There was the obvious historical nod but still very modern--and totally red carpet-worthy.
Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2014: Ashleigh Good was a 7-month pregnant bride in the Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2014 Finale! I loved her Infanta-like gown. Simply sublime and very old-school Cristobal Balenciaga.
Elie Saab Haute Couture 2014: Elie Saab's STUNNING collection was worth many, many, MANY MILLIONS of dollars, and it looked it! I am in AWE at what his Atelier of petite mains are capable of in terms of all those hand-sewn crystals and sequins; it's INCREDIBLE and also makes my head (and hands) hurt just thinking about it. Each dress can cost in the 300,000 Euro range and well, I can understand why.
And of course, another Highlight of Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week was the Catwalk Appearance of Eurovision Contest Winner Conchita Wurst at the Finale of Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Fall 2014. Conchita was ALL THINGS FABULOUS. And to watch JPG bow down to Miss Wurst, was EVERYTHING.
2. Laverne Cox becoming the 1st Transgender woman to be nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Acting. Congratulations! Oh, and if you need a dress for the Awards Ceremony, you know who to call darlin'...
Laverne Cox star of "Orange is the New Black"
3. Giorgio Armani's 80th Birthday! Wow! I hope I'm as happy designing at 80 years of age as he looks to be!
Giorgio Armani with Sophia Loren
4. Best Dressed of the Week: Jennifer Lopez in Atelier Versace. I know this will be a controversial choice, but...if anyone can work a one-pant leg Versace Couture ensemble it is Miss JLo! She is a Versace-Girl through and through. Work It Mija!
Jennifer Lopez attending the Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Fashion Show
5. The Life and Legacy of Eileen Ford: Eileen Ford died this week at the age of 92. She founded Ford Modeling Agency with her husband Gerald "Jerry" Ford in the 1940's. She is known for launching the careers of many Supermodels and Actresses, including Supermodels Christy Turlington, Lauren Hutton, Jerry Hall, Naomi Campbell, Lauren Hutton, Christie Brinkley, Janice Dickinson and many, many more!
Eileen and Jerry Ford